pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, June 1, 2015

Week 46

Hello everyone,

I learned some great things about the Holy Ghost this week that I would like to share with all of you.
On Thursday we taught a lesson of a referral we received from one of ward members. This family is all members but one which is the man that was referred to us. This man's name is Rohileyo and he is deaf, cannot speak, cannot read and cannot write. When we first met this man he just glowed with the spirit and wore the biggest smile.  We used hand signs to communicate with him and try to tell him that we would like to teach him, and by his actions we could see that he wanted to be taught. So we set a time that his brother could be there to translate and we set a time to teach him. We both prayed and fasted that we would be able to communicate with him, and that he would feel the spirit teach him and that we would be able to communicate with him spirit to spirit. We prayed that a miracle would happen, that we would be able to teach him and that he would receive our message.
We came into the lesson confident that we would be able to communicate with this man and it was amazing to see the hand of the Lord and his mercy as we were able to teach a beautiful lesson to him. The spirit of the Lord was so strong, it was incredible how well we were able to communicate with him with just pictures and hand signs. I felt like I was playing charades Restoration edition. It was a miracle how well he understood the message. Both me and my companion do not know sign language, but somehow he understood our signs and even told things that we do not know how he knew. It was nothing short of a miracle. Other then we were not talking audible, I felt the lesson was just like with any other investigator. We experienced the gift of tongues in a unique way, I felt my hands doing things and had no idea what I was doing. It was a really neat experience.
Miracles have not ceased, Jesus Christ is the Son of God! As we exercise our faith in Him, he will show us his tender mercies. I know this is true and am grateful for the atoning sacrifice of our Savior.
I love you all and pray for you

--
ELDER MURDOCK

No comments:

Post a Comment