pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 97

Hello Family and Friends!

What a week! It was so great. 
I think part of my good mood is just that I just finished talking to my family, they are the world to me and I love them so much. It was so great to wish my mother a happy mothers day even though I am here on the other side of the world over 8,000 miles away. I am grateful for modern technology!

As I have said before it is super hot!! One day this week we were walking down the streets here in Bulaon when we decided to go inside a tindahan store to get something cold to drink, when we came out immediately there was man who came up to us and spake perfect English and asked us if he could buy a book of Mormon. I was speechless. We taught this man and we found that he had a old friend who is a member who lives in a different place. He also is a college graduate which is rare to find someone educated willing to actually listen, but as we taught him he really did listen and asked some very great questions. It just was kind of a cool experience I thought I would share with you, it just built my testimony that the Lord is really preparing souls to accept his gospel. We truly are just the instrument.

Bro. Michael is  a member who got baptized last month and just received the Aaronic priesthood yesterday. The miracle about it all is that as he has been praying that his family would be able to accept the gospel, his wife has started listening to the missionary lessons and has decided to be baptized along with Bro. Michael's sister and his niece! It has taught me that the Lord really does answer our prayers and soften hearts.
As we were teaching Sister Edna, Bro Michael's wife. I remember getting the prompting from the Holy Ghost to ask her how does it make her feel that she is a daughter of God. Her reply taught me as she said with conviction and through tears. " I don't have doubts anymore" The spirit filled the room and that was the turning point to where she knew what she needed to do and had the faith to do it. It is hard to explain how it feels to witness the Holy Ghost change hearts.
It is breath-taking.

Well I now start my last transfer in the mission. It is weird but at the same time exciting!! I feel confident that I have done my best and will do my best to endure to the end and enjoy to the end! I love this. I am at the same time excited for my future. I am not sure where the Lord will take me, but I know that as I follow Him He will take me on the path of eternal bliss. Things are not always easy but He is in control if we keep His commandments!

I love you all,

ELDER MURDOCK  


No comments:

Post a Comment