pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, May 25, 2015

Week 45!

Hey Everybody!
This week I will keep it a bit short for lack of time, but I would just like to share something that really influenced me with one of our investigators. We are teaching this man that I have talked about before in my emails who has the purest heart and his deepest wish is to be baptized. He struggles with the Word of Wisdom, but fights hard everyday. One day this week we taught him a lesson about Helaman and the title of Liberty. As we read this story I asked this older man, Tatay, why do you fight? Why do you fight against Satan? in Tagalog, bakit nakakapaglabanan mo. He answered with confidence and in the most powerful way said, in English by the way... I fight for my family and I fight for my baptism! I thought that was a pretty powerful moment. I realize that we should frequently ask ourselves, Why do we fight? Why do we go to church? Why do we keep God's commandments. I know that as we do this we will have a more eternal perspective on life and enduring to the "end". I sometimes keep a index card in my shirt pocket with the reasons I fight everyday, that battle starts as I choose to wake up in the morning at 6:30 and ends in my prayers as I account to the Lord of my work for the day.
The week was a wonderful one, more investigators are coming and more of them are progressing as they have exercised their faith unto repentance. It is a wonderful time to be a missionary! Thank you for your prayers. Yesterday we had stake conference and it was wonderful to see the attendance, we had chairs filled to capacity! There were people siting outside listening, there were so many. 
Although the work is sometimes hard to measure it is real and is really hastening, in the Lord's own way we will all be a part of his work as He prepares the world for his second coming.
I love you all and pray for you. I know that God is aware of our individual needs.

with love,

--
ELDER MURDOCK

Pictures:

Here is a picture of Elder Tamani and me at a service project, rocken the helping hands vests!


Me and my Tongan companion with Tatay Paulino


Me at a p-day activity to a dam.



No comments:

Post a Comment