pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, June 8, 2015

Week 49

Hello Family and Friends,

This week was transfer week and I got a new companion. He is an American and is from Pocatello Idaho. He is really funny and brilliant and works hard. I am excited as I never thought I would have an American companion, but am a bit surprised as I still feel less than fluent at the language.
We had a great Sunday yesterday and had quite a few less actives come to church which was really great to see. One of them, a brother we have been working with for a while actually bore his testimony and told an inspiring story to the congregation. This man's eyes have gone really bad and he actually had not been able to read anything for years. Once when I was teaching him, I felt a strong impression to promise him that if he started to go to church regularly again that God would heal his eyes so that he could read the Book of Mormon. Always at the end of the lessons, this man would pray that he would be able to read the book of Mormon. So as this man went to the front of the room in our branch, he started telling the congregation that little by little his eye sight has been coming back this past month! It was a really inspiring testimony and filled my soul with joy at the great faith of this wonderful man.
Another great moment of joy happened when I was at transfer point waiting to meet my new companion. I was able to talk to the missionaries that were assigned in my first area in Cabiao.
 I was able to ask them about the Lapuz family that I was able to baptize, and it filled me with pure joy and indescribable feeling that they are super active in the church even though they live so far away from the chapel! It is hard to explain but I read a verse in the scripture that adequately expresses my feelings:
 16 Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.
God is so merciful. He loves us and loves all his children. All his children are special and important to him. We choose to be his elect by our faithfulness and daily choices. I love this family in a way that I cannot explain. I love this work and the fullness of joy that it brings, it is the work of God.

We have a wonderful new convert here whose name is Bro. Charlie he works with us frequently and also refers pretty much everyone he knows. He always says, "I bet this person wants to become a Mormon!" His energy is inspiring.

I hope that all of us have this same energy in the work of Salvation for our fellow men.

I love you all,

ELDER MURDOCK

No comments:

Post a Comment