pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, March 7, 2016

Week 88

Hello ang aking mag-anak at mga kaibigan!

kumusta kayo?

I will not write this letter in tagalog although I am half tempted to. I love love love the people and culture and language here!! I just feel right at home:) 
I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve in this beautiful country!

So the new branch we started in Northville is so great! We have a older couple who is returning from the church after 15 years of inactivity. They are so great and are preparing to enter the temple for their sealing in June! It makes me so happy to see them grow and repent and convert to the gospel.

We had a baptism this week! "Nanay" Jocelyn was baptized and confirmed and it was so wonderful to see the great support that the relief society has had with fellowshipping them. She truly was converted unto the Lord. After her confirmation I talked to her about her experience and she said: 
"Elders you don't have to teach me anymore." I am sure I responded with a little bit of alarm in my voice when I replied "Why sister? we still have much to teach you." She responded something like this, "I want to give you more time so that you can teach all those lost sheep outside the church building." I assured her that we still would find time to teach her frequently, but I was touched at her sincerity of thinking not of her self but of others who have not yet found the Gospel. It made me think of what I must do do improve and become more converted. And reminded me of the truth in Luke 22:23 " When you are converted strengthen your brethren" 
I am grateful for the chance to become more converted to the gospel everyday, and strengthen my own testimony by sharing it everyday. I am learning more and more that everyday the Lord gives us is a gift and an opportunity to serve and bless the lives of those around us. We are the Lord's hands! :)

talaga mahal ko pagiging misyonaro!

tandaan niyo na mahal na mahal ko kayo,

ELDER MURDOCK


1 comment:

  1. Meagan will write a letter and send it in the mail and HALF of it will be in Spanish. I have to call David to get it interpreted for me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete