pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 89

Hello Family!

This week was a good week.

We found a new progressing investigator! His name is John Michael but he goes by "Chavie".  When we taught him the first time I did not think he was that interested, but we had a pleasant surprise when we went to teach him again just a day later. The first thing he said to us was: "Elders! I read the blue bible you gave me! please come in".  We then shared the plan of salvation with this man and the spirit filled the room. At the end of the lesson he prayed and he suddenly just stopped and started to cry. After his prayer we asked him what he was feeling, he said. "I will be the one to show my family the right way and be their example"
Bro. Chavie came to church twice now. He has made friends with the recently returned older couple that I mentioned last week. I pray for him everyday that he will continue to progress. 
We have a few set backs this week with investigators who decided not to progress anymore, but we have also had miracles. I believe it is a choice to see and believe in miracles. We can focus on whats going wrong, or we can focus on the eternal and on the bounteous blessing the Lord is giving us!
I love you all, I love these people in a way that is hard to describe. Every setback and disappointment is worth every sweet moment of seeing the light within these people grow.

tandaan ninyo, na mahal tayo ng ating Ama sa Langit, at hindi niya tayo pababayaan. Alam ko na buhay ang Diyos at nagbayad-sala si Hesucristo para sa ating kasalanan.
(According to google translate this says- Our Heavenly Father loves us, remember he will not abandon us. I know that God lives and that Jesus Christ atoned for our sins.)

Go and do miracles!

ELDER MURDOCK

No comments:

Post a Comment