pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 56

Hello Family and friends.

This week was a wonderful one, Bro. Paulino's baptism was so filled with the spirit. I just felt the most indescribable amount of joy. This brother was so ready for his baptism, and waited a long 7 months for him to prepare himself and fully repent. He read the book of Mormon 3 times and half of the Doctrine and Covenants. This man just fully defined the qualifications of a broken heart and a contrite spirit. The Lord has blessed us greatly. It is difficult to explain the joy I feel but I know that that joy comes from the Spirit of Promise sealing and testifying that the ordinance was acceptable to our Father. 
It reminds me of the covenant we all make to always remember our Savior, to be His witness in all things and to follow His example of obedience to our Father in Heaven. I love the opportunity to partake of the sacrament and renew my personal promise to follow Jesus Christ every week. Seeing Bro. Paulino take this new covenant in such a sincere way made it so special.
God knows our hearts and our desires. We will not only be judged by our actions but also our desires. Watching this baptism made me evaluate my own dedication to my covenant and helped me see things I can do to improve.
Our Father in Heaven is very merciful. The arms of the Savior are open to us, we just have to let him in to our lives. I humbly testify to you that Jesus is the Christ and that he paid the price, no matter how far we feel we have gone, no matter how many mistakes we make- the road to true happiness, repentance and forgiveness is always available.
I am so grateful I am here in Paco Roman. The coming weeks will be the harvest of our labors here and I am so filled with gratitude to the Lord for his mercy and his spirit which has been poured out to these people.
Let's all lift up our light which is Christ and help those within our reach. Each soul is so precious to our Father. Let's be faithful to our covenant and be His witness.
I love you all, I miss you all but feel like I am near by when I read your letters thank you for them. I won't have a lot of time to reply anymore but please know I do read them and each one of them makes me smile and gives me strength. I am so blessed to have so many wonderful family members and friends. You are strong. 
Go and conquer,

--
ELDER MURDOCK



No comments:

Post a Comment