pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 29

Hello Family,

This week was really great and full of blessings from the Lord.  It has been great to see those blessings and the success that God has been giving us as we have been obedient and humbly trusting in him.
We are continuing to prepare  "JR" for his baptism next week! He is really progressing and so ready. It is amazing to see him and his wife as they are planning to be sealed in the temple next year! 

One thing that I am learning lately from the scriptures and from the Spirit is how to truly be happy. Sometimes I get so focused on my weakness, my short comings, and my problems that I started making it about me instead of those I was teaching. I start to forget why I am even out here really, to serve! I realized I was falling into one of Satan's traps and that I should be focusing on others needs and becoming a more self-less disciple of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the perfect example of selfless service and never used his almighty power to benefit himself. One thing that I read that really hit me hard this week was:
"Come unto me all of you that are heavy laden and I will give you rest, Take my yoke upon you and learn of me and you will find rest unto your souls, For my yoke is easy and my burden is light!"
We can make a difference and find happiness as we lift others up and forget about our own problems.
As we forget about ourselves and serve that is when we will become disciples of Christ!

I love you all and know that as we forget our problems and serve, we will find peace and happiness in helping others.
I pray for all of you and am so grateful for your continual support and emails! Remember CPR- regular Church attendance, Prayer and Reading and studying the scriptures! 

Mahal kita

ELDER MURDOCK


*pictures: Me and my companion Elder Bayani with JR and his wife Gerolyn and a ward missionary.
A picture of a nepa hut or tradition Filipino house, most people live in a bit nicer and stronger houses but this kind of house is common where I am assigned.


No comments:

Post a Comment