pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, February 16, 2015

Week 31


 Hey Family and Friends!

This week we were blessed with a really amazing baptism of one of our amazing investigators! It was an amazing experience and one of the most powerful baptismal services I have been to so far on my mission. JR is so converted and the best part of it all is that he really told us that this not the end of his journey but the beginning. I am so grateful that I have had the opportunity to be apart of his conversion process to the Gospel.
The crazy part of it all was finding a place to hold the baptism, as the water pump in the chapel here in Padapada was broken.It all worked out the way that it was supposed to and we got permission to hold it in Santa Ignacia so we all loaded up into a jeepney and traveled to Santa Ignacia for his baptism. The water was way low because they forgot to fill the font until we got there and the water had a nice yellow tint to it but regardless it was wonderful and I could feel the Holy spirit as my companion baptized him.
This week we were blessed to teach this really nice man named Reynaldo, His story is kind of unique and was an interesting example of a member opening their mouth:
When we went to his door for the first time he let us in without a word, which only happens when we meet pastors of other faiths who like to bible bash or when we find the miracle golden investigators. He told us that he used to work next to the temple and a member gave him a Book of Mormon. He at first had a lot to say and wasn't really listening but as we shared his attitude began to change and he listened and asked more questions. The most amazing part is he came to church!! Most investigators here in the Philippines will commit to almost anything but never follow through. But the great things is he is really interested and came to church yesterday!
This man is a true seeker of truth and it is amazing to see as he is recognizing that the message of the Restored Gospel is indeed true! He has investigating many different religions but told us that he still fills like he is missing something, We testified that what he was missing in his life was the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I know that the message I share everyday is true and I know that it has real power.
The best thing way we can help any of other brothers and sisters in this world is sharing the Restored Gospel with them, Why should we keep it to our selves? 
I love you all so much! :) 
My invitation for all of you is to go out and share you light! :) You never know whose lives you can change until you open you mouth! God has promised that we don't even have to worry what to say, it will be given to us! I definitely have experienced that many times out here on my mission!
You are always in my prayers!

Mahal kita,
ELDER MURDOCK

This is from the letter that Tyler sent to Mark.  We wanted to include it in his weekly email.
We have rats in our apartment! It is so gross! I had one climb on me when i was sleeping last night and I couldn't sleep after that! My roommates are not good at cleaning up after themselves and so I think the garbage attracts the rats. They are so big! I hate rats! They actually eat them here which is insane to me! :) I wonder what would happen to you if you woke up with a rat on you! hahaha... I screamed and woke up my companion he thought it was really funny.... I hope we will be able to get rid of them soon. Filipinos don't think much of it and are used to them but I sure am not and hate it! :) hahaha just a good story to tell my future kids hahaha...

Pictures: JR's Baptism. I am so tall hahaha!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment