pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Kumusta lahat tayo?

Kumusta lahat tayo?


This week was great!  I learned a lot and am loving it here!  I have been reading the Alkat ni Mormon araw- araw (everyday) in Tagalag and it has really helped me in my studies. The language his hard, but God is greater than any challenge!  As I have been reading I have been able to understand the Book of Mormon better.  One thing I have learned from it is to not complain about things because if you don't complain and just do it, God will bless you even more for being obedient.  I want to be a Nephi missionary and not a Laman and Lemuel Missionary!
The biggest challenge I have with the language is that it restrains me and makes it harder for me to teach, this has given me the opportunity to trust more in God and less in myself.  I have felt the support from all of you and I am so grateful for family and friends that support me so much!  I love the rice for every meal, the delicious mangoes, Tagalog and most of all the people!
Yesterday I was assigned to go to the hospital with a sick missionary with asthma. He is so awesome! His name is Elder Gavinio and his dad is a Jeepney driver. I spent the night at the hospital with him and was able to help me with my Tagalog.  This afternoon he was released from the hospital, which was really nice actually just like the states.  After, we went to McDonald's which was really good!  The portions are so small here, no wonder the Filipinos are so small. hahaha!  Driving back I saw the slums and it was really sad, the worst poverty I have ever seen.  Lots of garbage everywhere.  The slums really got hammered from the typhoon.  Our investigators have been doing really well, Sheena is really interested and brought her kids to "church".  I am so... ready to get out there and serve!!  I am so excited.  I gave a Book of Mormon to the nurse at the hospital.  I hope that he reads it, you never know! :)
I am grateful I have had this experience and wouldn't want to be anywhere else!  I love my mission already and have grown so much already!  God is in the detail of our lives if we let him be!  God be with you, I am praying for you and love you.

Elder Murdock


No comments:

Post a Comment