pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 60

Hey family!

This week was pretty exciting so I am really excited to write to all of you!

Elder Quilicot and I have been working hard. My companion is really a hard worker and is really fun to be with. I have really been impressed also at his great teaching skills even though he is still really new in the mission. Elder Quilicot is from Bohol which is a part of the Philippines and is home to the worlds largest snake is what he says. He is really funny and we have a good time together. It has been fun as I have been able to teach him the things I have learned from experience and watch him improve everyday. He is naturally a great teacher who cares so much for the people. I am learning that a trainer's real job is to supervise and watch him and even let him struggle sometimes. Sometimes that is the best way we learn. I feel that is how Heavenly Father is with us often. Sometimes it feels like we are alone but really he is right there. We just have to trust that he won't let us fall.

So with the work, like I mentioned we have been working really hard and we have been blessed so much by our Heavenly Father. One of the big blessing we received was a family we met last Sunday. Brother and Sister Martin were so prepared to receive the gospel when we met them. It was amazing to see how well they received our message and how they hungered and thirsted after the truth. Brother Martin told us on Friday that he is so excited for his baptism and it has been really fun to see how they just radiate with light. They have a two year old boy and a 3 week old baby girl and they are just a wonderful family. After a day of rejection we opened our mouths and found this wonderful family and I have marveled and thanked the Lord for the great blessing he has poured upon us.

I know that even us missionaries are learning and growing and I feel even though I make mistakes, and am human that the Lord is happy with me. I feel his love and grace in my life. He doesn't demand perfection. He asks for willing disciples that will work with him in his vineyard. I know that even though we make mistakes we can repent and change and become what we are made to be and fulfill the measure of our creation. We are all a work in progress, and as we turn to him he will take the natural man out of us.

I love you all and pray for you. I hope that you always look to the light, our Savior, Jesus Christ!


Mahal ko kayo,

ELDER MURDOCK












No comments:

Post a Comment