pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 41

Hey everyone!

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes! You are the best! I just want to thank each of you for the impact you have made on my life! maraming salamat sa inyo lahat!
This week was long just because everyone was in the bukid or the rice fields. Right now is harvest time and so everyone is in the fields! When I say everyone I mean anyone that can hold a pangapas or curved knife they used for harvesting rice. Men women and children are in the fields all day everyday for the next few weeks which unfortunately means Sunday as well. Even those with higher calling in the church like Elder's Quorum President and Councilor to Bishopric don't go to church and work the whole day. It really is sad. They say that if they don't work they don't have food for their families, that is hard to argue but it is amazing to see the faith of those who do go to church! 
One of our investigators works in the bukid until late into the night everyday all day, but on Sundays he goes to church! It makes me so happy to see the sacrifice and faith that he has shown. 
I am learning not to judge these people but to love them. It is so sad to see that their poverty has bound them, but I believe that God will always provide a way for his obedient and faithful children!
With the harvest of rice going on it has been hard to find people to teach but I am learning patience and long suffering sometimes we only teach one or two lessons a day. As I do all I can I have seen so many little blessing is my life.

I love you all so much and want to thank you for your support!

ELDER MURDOCK

No comments:

Post a Comment