pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, March 16, 2015

WEEK 35: Week of Change

Hey family and Friends!

This week was a great week and a week of change! I changed companions, changed areas and changed in responsibility too. I am now the senior companion, which is a bit weird but fun.
My new companion is Elder Taimani and he is from Tonga! Yep, my first foreigner companion. He just finished his training so I am his follow up trainer. He is kind of struggling with Tagalog so it puts some pressure on me to learn the language better and to improve my teaching skills as well, nothing more than I can handle as I rely on the Lord and do my very best in all diligence.
  He is really great and so nice I am excited to work with him and teach him all that I know and I know that I will learn from him as well. I also transferred and now am in a new area called "Paco Roman" I can't believe that it has been 8 months now! Crazy so fast!!! My new area is really bukid or country and it is really cool as you can see rice fields in every direction for miles and miles. Really beautiful. 
Another change is that Paco Roman is not a ward yet, but a branch and the building we meet in is really small and hard to recognize as a church.
It is really fun to be in a branch and the members are as always so nice and so welcoming. In my testimony that I shared with them on Sunday, someone asked what my height was which was really funny! I wish I had a dollar for each time I have heard that here on my mission. Almost always more than once a day! :)
One thing that is interesting for me is that many of the members and investigators look so familiar! It is so weird but cool. Some of these people I swear I have met before but I do not know how! Even the branch president said that he has seen me before and one of my investigators too! I can't really explain why, but I guess it is a sign that I am supposed to be here!
The work is a lot faster here and the members are so happy to give referrals it has been so refreshing and humbling. We had more investigators at church yesterday than almost the whole time I was in PadaPada- my last area. We should have a lot of baptisms in April and hopefully one next week too. The hard times really make us appreciate God's blessings and I am trying really hard not to forget to thank the Lord for his help in all things.
One thing that I picked up in my last area is a new language, ilocano it is a different dialect that is common in my last area, It is fun to speak, but I only know a few simple phrases. It is fun to see the reaction that people have here when I speak a little ilocano to them. They are surprised and love it!
I know that God gives us the strength to truly change. He can change our desires, our beliefs our grief and pains into peace and rest. It is through him and His Son's atonement that we have the power to change. Just like Christ changed the water in to wine at the wedding feast he can change us from something good into something even better. He will bring the very best out of us.  We must do is to put our abiding trust in him and do the very best we can to follow him and endure to the end to truly activate the power of the atonement in our lives. Through the Savior we have the Power to put of the natural man and become a saint.
There is no other true source of change. I have enjoyed reading all of your testimonies of the Savior and the strength that they have given me. I love you all so much and LOVE what I am doing!!!! :) Lets just say I am one happy missionary!
 
You have a great week, Mahal kita
--
ELDER MURDOCK
picture with my companion


No comments:

Post a Comment