pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 28- Progress

Hey everybody!

I am so grateful for you all! I love getting all of your emails and all of the support that you all give me as I am clear out here across the world! This week was a week of progression both for me as an individual and for our investigators as well! So here is how it all went down:
 Earlier this week I felt so inadequate and like my effort was no good, I was comparing my teaching skills to those of my more experienced and well trained senior companion and was crippling my confidence. I was feeling really tired of doing my very best and feeling like it wasn't enough. i did a lot of praying and a lot of reading the scripture but I was feeling really discouraged and frustrated that my area wasn't progressing as well as I thought it should. It took a few days but I realized that most of my problem was that I was focusing on my weaknesses and not on what God can do with me as I allow myself to grow and learn from my mistakes and 'learn line upon line'.  
As I took a step back and be humble enough to let the Lord consecrate my efforts it was amazing to see the difference in my teaching. I show more love for my investigators and was able to teach with more clarity and with more spiritual power, I was able to ask the investigators inspired questions that helped us understand their concerns better and helped them recognize the truth. I was amazed to see the difference as I let my weaknesses fall in the hands of the Savior. We have seen miracles in our area of people that God is truly preparing to receive the gospel. Here are some examples;
We are teaching this really awesome guy named "JR".  His wife is a member and is less active. We have been teaching them for just a few weeks and it has been amazing to see his change as at first he was really hesitant to meet with us and had a drinking problem, but now he has completely stopped drinking and has gone to church every week with his wife since we taught him.  He is planning to get baptized on February 14th and it is really cool to see his wife return to the church with him, it is really been a blessing to teach them.
We are also teaching this 16 year old kid named Jervin and he is really progressing and really wants to gain a testimony, it has also been really cool to see the holy ghost change his heart as he at first also didn't want to listen to us.
I would like to give a shout out to all those that are struggling with seemingly unbearable trials, I know that Christ has walked your paths of sorrow and will always be at your side. I know that although in the moment it seems as if it is too much to bear, those trials administer to our well being and give us the experience we need here in mortality, I know that all trials are possible to overcome through the enabling power of the Atonement of Christ.
Here on the mission more than another time in my life have I seen him exceed my own capacity of talent and ability and I know it is because of Him and because He lives!

You all have a wonderful week! I pray for you!!!
mahal kita!,

here are some pics as I know that I have been so bad lately at sending pictures. Here is me out in the 'bukid'  or the country which is virtually what my whole area looks like.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

-- 
ELDER MURDOCK



From the proud mom--We as a family create a "Vision Board" every year.  This helps us see our goals
and our "vision" for the year.  We love making the things on our board happen!  Tyler sent me this picture of
his Vision Board and I thought it was so great!  Can you tell his focus?!  He is such an example to me!

















No comments:

Post a Comment