pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 85

Hello family and friends!

Boy do I love emailing all of you! You make me smile and give me added strength.
This week was great. We are preparing 3 of our investigators to be baptized in the coming weeks. It has been amazing to see the growth and change in them.
Elvie is doing so well. She is the one that I told you we met on a jeepney (if you don't know what that is google it :)) From the moment I met her I knew she was being prepared by the Lord. It was a divine mercy that we were lead to her. Her husband who is a inactive member is now coming back with her and you can just see the light that is returning to their countenances. 
I also had an odd experience that I wanted to share with all of you when I went on exchanges.
So there is one area in Angeles zone that is notorious for being like Las Vegas in the United States.There are so many old American men that go there for not good reasons. While I went there for a day to visit the area and be with one of the missionaries who is assigned there, we saw so many "Joe's" or old American men. That day while we were walking down the street we saw this big white American man that looked like Mr. Incredible from the Disney movie Incredibles. He was riding a scooter. As he turned the corner he saw us and stopped us and asked if we could have a picture with him. He said he was a member, but we would tell by what he was saying that he was not currently active. He spoke in a thick Boston accent. As we sat and talked to him, I had the impression to ask him if he was reading the Book of Mormon. He replied that he was not, So we helped him download the app on his phone, he agreed to read later that night. As we were about to leave he stopped us and said: "Aren't we going to pray or something?" We smiled and then he offered to give a prayer right there on the busy street corner. His prayer was something I will not forget, he prayed in gratitude that he saw us and that he knew that it was God's will and divine providence that we our paths crossed. As he prayed I felt the Holy Ghost bear witness to me of God's love for this man, in addition I felt the sweet assurance that I was where I needed to be at that moment. I will continue pray for this man.
I know that God puts us in the path of His children, especially as we are anxiously ready and willing to serve. We can help rescue those souls around us. We can pray for those opportunities.
Tomorrow we have President Russel M. Nelson coming to our mission! I will have the opportunity to shake hands with a living apostle! What a blessing!

I love you all,
-- 
ELDER MURDOCK

No comments:

Post a Comment