pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 80

Family and Friends.

I am so grateful for all of you, I have felt your support and your prayers in my new assignment and it has given me strength.
This week was really great, and really busy. I am learning that being a leader is very rewarding and you learn so much from the people you serve. It is service, and often that means denying your own comforts and needs in order to help others and meet their needs.
I have learned to appreciate church leaders a lot more as they sacrifice so much for those they serve. I have felt your prayers, and I have felt the Lord guide me in my mission, particularly in my assignment as zone leader as I have been guided by the Holy Ghost in how to respond to certain situations beyond my natural ability. I know the Lord guides us as we are humble enough to follow His will.
Elder Fernandez is my new companion he is great, he is from Cebu. He is a great missionary and I have a lot to learn from him. He is going home just a transfer before I do. I look forward to learning from him as he is already teaching me so much.
The members are so nice, I am already loving the people here in Bulaon. I am sure that it won't be long until I will feel at home just like I did in Gabaldon. 
The members feed us a lot which is nice. One elderly couple, the Punos, are so awesome they give us so many referrals. We are trying to find more people to teach and it is so much more effective when we have members working with us.
One part of our area that we are working in was a branch, but because of some problems that happened ten years ago the whole branch went inactive, even the branch president. We have felt impressed to focus on this area and help rescue the members there. I know the Lord has instructed us to work there and therefore we will cannot fail. 
We are very blessed to be in this area.
Again, I thank you for your support. I can feel the powers of heaven being called down on my behalf and in behalf of the people we are serving here.
I pray for you all,
Mahal kita
ELDER MURDOCK

No comments:

Post a Comment