pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 79

Hello Family and Friends,

I have so much to tell you all but I don't know how to put it into the right words!
I got a call last Wednesday from the Mission President. He told me I would transfer and that I would be assigned in the biggest city in the mission, Angeles. I would be assigned with my new companion to lead 16 other missionaries. As I got this call, my knees were shaking. I felt overwhelmed. I quickly told my Mission President that I would do my best. I couldn't believe it. I have still since, wondered often why me? There are so many other missionaries that could do that. I have had no leadership assignments (like a district leader) before in the mission although everyone else that arrived in the mission with me had. To me that was fine as I just wanted to serve the people.
 I know that I cannot do this assignment on my own. I need my Savior and I know that he will guide me. He will take me by the hand and make me equal to the task, I know that, because he has been with me every step of the way here in the mission. As I have allowed Him to, He has been my light and guide. Through His help I have seen miracles. I know from my experience that as we have faith and are humble our weaknesses can be come our strengths, only through Him. 
I am weak. I can be strong, as I trust in the Lord. Those weakness we have bring us to Him, it isn't a sin to be weak but weakness is a blessing.
I am so grateful for the Atonement that makes me able to do things I cannot on my own. I know, we are never alone, He will help us as we look to Him.
I will miss the beautiful people in Gabaldon. I cannot explain how hard it was for me to leave. I miss the beautiful mountains, the fields of rice and caribou grazing in the fields. The bamboo huts and the humble and down to earth people. I love them so much. I thank my Heavenly Father that I have had the chance to serve in that wonderful place. I will always remember them and the lessons they taught me.
I am excited for the adventures I have here in my new area. We are assigned in Bulaon. Which is a area that is right in the middle of two huge cities. Most of the houses here are really nice and this is a much more wealthier area than I have ever been assigned in. People here have a lot more material things. I pray that their hearts will be soften and that they will allow the Holy Spirit into their hearts.
I ask for your prayers for my companion and also for me and especially for the people here.

I love you so much. I am grateful for your support and I know with my whole soul and heart that this is the work of the Lord.

I pray for you and know that you are in the Lords hands.

ELDER MURDOCK 



No comments:

Post a Comment