pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Week 73

Hello Family and Friends!

It is happy to email you all once more!
This week we have been blessed so much as we have watched people make changes to come unto Christ!
Jane's baptism is coming up this week and we are so excited. She is truly converted and it has been amazing to see the role of the Book of Mormon in her conversion. The Book of Mormon is so powerful. I know that it is the word of God. I invite everyone to read it, it will change your life! It has changed and is changing mine. 
This week I was able to finish it again, Every time I read from it's pages I just know that it is true.
People may try to disprove it by worldly means but they cannot take away the truth that comes by the witness of the Holy Ghost. I know that the promise found in Moroni 10:3-5 is true.
I would like to briefly tell you a experience that I had here in the mission that has forever change my testimony of the Book of Mormon.
We had just finished teaching about Joseph Smith to one of our investigators when her brother walked in. We soon learned that he was a pastor of another religion. I was intimated as he was studying the Holy Bible at a secular school. I knew his intention was to disprove the things I knew to be true. I began to tremble at his snares and cunning words. I then suddenly remember the promise that I will not be confounded before men. I opened the Book of Mormon to Moroni 10:4-5 and read these words to him:
4.     And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true ; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power... 
5.And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.
As I read these words I felt the Holy Ghost fill me, I felt in a way as I imagine Abinadi felt as he stood in front of wicked King Noah.  After I read this the pastor was quiet. I shut the book of Mormon, handed a copy to him and invited him to read it. We then told him we would pray and quietly left. I left with that spirit still in my heart.
I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I humbly testify to all of you.
But I just wanted to share my experience with you and invite you all to read the Book of Mormon. It doesn't matter how many times you may have read it. Please read it :)
I love you all so much! Thanks for your prayers and support!

--
ELDER MURDOCK

No comments:

Post a Comment