pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, October 26, 2015

WEEK 69- typhoon clean up and Baptism!

Hello Everyone!

Well this week was interesting! We were able to help clean up the typhoon and get back to work teaching people the gospel.

We also had a baptism! it was really a neat one because we had it performed in the river, or ilog in Tagalog. One quick interesting cultural fact is that Tagalog actually means taga-from and ilog-river. So it means- "the people from the river" Anyway, I learned that this week and thought I would share it with you.

The baptism was the brother of Bro. Martin, and it was really cool to see them come and support him.
The spirit was very strong and it was really neat to watch Elder Dala baptize for the first time in his mission. I really feel close to my companion. He is so kind and fun to be with. The thing I love about him is how much he wants to serve the Lord and is teachable, always looking for ways to improve. He has a bright future as a missionary.

The typhoon caused us to have no power for more than a week, but just earlier today we were able to gain power again! I feel like I will appreciate electricity a little more after not having running water or electricity for a week! :) It was a good experience for us.

One thing I am learning is that we should be grateful not only when things are going the way we want or plan but that we should thank the Lord in all things! Even when we are struggling or when we think things are not going the way it should. If we trust the Lord that all flesh is in his hands and that he loves us. We may not see everything that is ahead of us, but we can trust and be grateful for the many blessing that our loving Father gives us everyday.

Many people are wondering how they are going to feed their families as the typhoon washed out almost all of their crops. It is sad to see but it has been really neat to see how the church has responded. The church is very generous and has been giving a lot of free food and drinking water to the people here. It has been fun to see trucks full of food with members wearing yellow helping hands jerseys giving food to the people here. Because we have a lot of work to do teaching, we have not taken much part in that activity, but it has be fun to observe the positive impact it has had on the people here.

I am very grateful for the time I have to serve. I know that serving a mission has been a great privilege that the Lord is giving me. I wouldn't trade it for anything! I encourage all who can to serve a mission and see how it will change not only the lives of those you teach but your life.
I have seen here how small we really are and how insignificant we are to the world, but how much our Father in Heaven loves each and everyone of us. We are precious to Him. I invite each of you to pray in gratitude to Him for all he has blessed you with and I promise you that you will feel His love!

I love you all. I ask you to pray for the people here as they find ways to feed and provide for their families.
Thank you for your support and prayers on my behalf.

Yours truly,

ELDER MURDOCK


Pictures:

Baptism of Marvin!
A bridge that was broken in our area
Storm out my window





1 comment:

  1. Tyler is becoming a man of God. (uncle Jared)

    ReplyDelete