pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 66

Hello Family~

Things are really great! I have felt so many blessings. This week we have had wonderful success with finding and in preparing others for baptism.

We had quite the miracle happen, one day a few weeks ago we were just walking around our focused neighborhood trying to open our mouth and find new people to teach. As we did we were approached by a women who had seen us in the neighborhood. She asked us if we could teach her and straight up told us the days when she was available. This has never happened ever in my mission! It was really weird. So this week we taught this woman and her name is Mileth and she is very prepared. she has a daughter that is 11 and they both have a baptismal goal date for November. It is so awesome to be a part of teaching families! I love it so much.
So one of the lessons her cousin Jane hesitantly decided to listen. As we taught her she felt the spirit and we gave her a lesson one pamphlet and she read the whole thing. Without our instruction and without us teaching about Joseph Smith yet, she read in the pamphlet that she should pray to know if Joseph Smith is true prophet of God. As she did that with simple new found faith she received an answer by the Holy Ghost. Sometimes I feel like our job is almost too easy! Hahaha... It really shows the Lord does not need us 19 year old kids to do his work. He can and does His work. It is fun to witness and be a part of conversion.

So another great news is about Martin family! They are so wonderful and it is so great to see them choose conversion to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They will be baptized this week and I am thrilled to be a part of it and I am so happy for them. The best part is when we taught them about temples. They were so thrilled about going to the temple. 
Every time I teach them and am around them, I just think of their two little children and think of the impact the Gospel is making and will make on their lives and I just feel pure joy for them.
I know that the Gospel is for families. I feel like the harvest I have had on my mission has been so great already. The Lord is blessing us, I feel like His blessings just keep on coming and coming. Sometimes I don't feel worthy of all the many things he has given me. :) I know that blessings come from obedience, but we don't have to be perfect we just have to keep on trying.

I promise I will send pictures next week of the baptism! 
Super excited about Conference and no I have not seen it yet. Erg, I want to see it now hahaha.

Mahal kita

--
ELDER MURDOCK

No comments:

Post a Comment