pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 13 - marvel moments

Hey Family and friends!


This week was overall a great week and went by so fast! It feels like yesterday I was emailing you all! We have been doing well here in Cabiao and love the little miracles that make it all worth it. Wednesday was our transfer meeting. Thank goodness me and my trainer will be staying here in Cabiao! I love this ward and quite honestly would be content if my mission call changed to Cabiao mission.:) The members here are so willing to help with the work and we are seeing more success when we tag team with the members. I am finding how important referrals are and really suggest to all of you to share the gospel with your friends because member referrals have a much higher chance of leading to baptism and activity in the church!

So we are teaching this little family named the Yakat family, they have three little girls that are so cute and always smiling. They live in a humble little shack a crossed the street from the chapel. When we first started teaching them we made the mistake of going on auto pilot and didn't teach them to their needs. It wasn't until we got to the Book of Mormon that we found out that Sister Yakat didn't know how to read! Later when we taught her about the word of wisdom she asked who Joseph Smith was. We quickly learned how slow her understanding was and adapted our teaching! This was really discouraging and we realized our mistake that we were just teaching the lesson and not the people. We fixed our error in our planning and teaching and challenged her and her daughter to enter the waters of baptism on Oct 25. I am learning to be humble with my weaknesses and willing to recognize and fix them.

 I know that God is in the detail of our lives and that he love us and will guide us if we let him and are humble enough to become what he wants us to become . I often wonder and find it so amazing that God trusts 18-21 year old young men and woman to do his work! It is amazing. Many times I feel inadequate for this work. What do I know, I am a young white kid from Utah who doesn't know Tagalog ! But then I remember that it really isn't about me and that I am armed with a great power, that is the Holy Ghost. I don't need to worry because if I do my best, God will make my weaknesses become my strengths. I know that when we are willing and humble that he will mold us like clay. Sometimes it hurts, sometimes the heat of the furnace seems unbearable to bear, but through the atonement of Jesus Christ we are able to all things that seem impossible. I am seeing these little miracles in my life as I apply the atonement to my life. I have moments I would like to call marvel moments, where I marvel at what comes out of my mouth, The thoughts and impressions I receive and little miracles that are frequent in my life when I am actively look for them. It is amazing to see these little things happen. It strengthens my testimony that God is a loving parent who wants to give us those blessing and all he requires is for us to ask and knock and it shall be open unto us! I love my work here and want all of you to know that you are in my prayers. I know that as we pray to see those marvel moments and those blessing that God already gives to us, we will begin to recognize how much the hand of the lord is in our lives. 

I love you all so much and am so grateful for all of you! You are stronger than you think and have impacted me in ways you don't know. Missionary work is not just done by full time missionaries but is most effective when we all do our part to hasten the work of salvation! So let us do our part and prepare the way for the second coming of our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ! I know that the work will go forward, so lets be on board when the boat leaves so to speak!

You rock! I pray for you,

Mahal ko kayo!

ELDER MURDOCK



No comments:

Post a Comment