pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 21

 Hey everybody!

So I kinda of ran out of time with all of my reports and stuff.. so my parents will just put parts of their letters on my blog. Enjoy and sorry! Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Enjoy that apple pie and turkey for me!:)
Here are some pictures of our baptisms this week.

For this week for thanksgiving I have a challenge for all of you, Which I will do as well: The challenge is to write a hundred different things a day which you are grateful for. Its actually really easy I did it this morning and it made me realize how much I take for granted! I am so grateful for all that God has blessed me with.
Here is a pattern that could help you make it easier. I found this in an old Ensign magazine:
write 10 physical abilities you are grateful for
write 10 material possession you are grateful for
write 10 living people you are grateful for
write 10 deceased people you are grateful for.
Write 10 things about nature you are grateful for.
write 10 things about today you are grateful for
write 10 places on earth you are grateful for.
write 10 modern inventions you are grateful for.
write 10 foods you are grateful for
write 10 things about the gospel you are grateful for.

I know that as you do this you will be able to better see all the blessing you receive from a loving Heavenly Father everyday! It is really refreshing I hope you all will join me! :)

Love you all!

ELDER MURDOCK



Hey Dad and Mom,

How was your week? I sure hope that you had as good of a week as I did! Our two baptisms were great! both of them I baptized and it was a wonderful experience. This week on Wednesday we are baptizing the Lapuz family. It will be a wonderful experience and I am excited. My investigators are doing great, we have an average of 10 investigators at church regularly so Sundays are always great days. One of our investigators that is really progressing  is Jose. He is 60 or so and has a strong belief in God and in the Bible. He really wants to know and asks so many questions that sometimes it is hard to teach. Hahaha. He has diabetes and can't read so it is really hard to teach him about the Book of Mormon. We have had quite a few investigators who either don't know how to read or can't because they have bad eyes. It is sometimes a challenge. Another common challenge we have here is marriage. Because there is no divorce here, sometimes people are either hesitant to get married because it is too expensive or separate and then live together. It is quite a problem. We have a sister we are teaching her name is Charo. I have taught her since I got here in August but because of her husband not wanting to get married she is unable to be baptized. We really are hoping he changes his mind. Will you pray that his heart will be softened. Thanks so much. The whole family can join in if they want.
My companion is awesome! He is so great!!! He is the only member in his family. His family at first didn't want him to go on a mission. He is really buff and loves to play basketball and work out. He is really funny and we laugh a lot. I am learning how to cook Filipino food and cook for us as often as we have time.
I love hearing about your experiences, and things that are going on. I love you so much and pray for you daily! Thanks again for the music. I love it and listen to it everyday! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. I am excited to Skype you in a month.

I love you always and appreciate all you do for me! :)

Your Son,

ELDER MURDOCK



No comments:

Post a Comment