pilipinas landscape

pilipinas landscape

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Kumusta ka lahat?

Kumusta ka lahat?

This week was really great!  First of all I would like to thank you for the package!  It was really awesome! I loved getting all of the notes from the family reunion!  It definitely made me smile!  (note from Tyler's Mom; we actually can't send packages to the MTC there, we had one of Tyler's friends, Elder Ty Clayson who left last week for the Philippines MTC take him some things he had left, Thanks Elder Clayson)  I have been working really hard and have been trying to learn the language as best as I can.  It is really hard!  I know that I can do it, because the Lord provides away for us to do hard things.  I love the Filipino people!!  They are so easy to love.  This week we met the Filipino missionaries that will be going out to the field with us, and they are so awesome. I can't believe that I will be leaving the MTC on Wednesday.  It seems like yesterday I got here!  I have grown so much and feel really happy to know that I am doing what God wants me to do. We went proselyting  Wednesday for the second time.  Last time I was petrified with fear and didn't say much.  In my personal study I read a verse that said, "perfect love casteth out all fear."  It hit me that if I love the people it doesn't matter how much of the language I can speak, but they will know and feel the pure love of Christ if I truly love them.  Our smiles and our kindness is a big way we can impact our brothers and sisters around us.  I love it here!  Being on a mission has blessed my life so much already!  I know that sometimes it is hard to see the big picture, but if we trust in God it will all be right.  God is aware of us!  This week I learned that sometimes we have to take a leap of faith before we can see the blessing.

The Filipinos love basketball, and again any where I go they ask me to play with them.  hahaha! I am starting to really love rice for every meal and the fresh fruit here is amazing! The kids are so adorable, I think they are even cuter than the kids in Guatemala! :) I wish you all could be here and experience the joy that I am having serving the lord in the Philippines.  I was made for this place! The people love hearing Americans speak Tagalog and will immediately listen when I try, even when I mess up they still like it! God loves his children here and I am able to glimpse that love that he has for them, it is wonderful.

I love you all so much and am grateful for your emails and notes! Please pray that I will have the gift of tongues, I really need it.  I need it not for myself to be impressive or to be convincing in my teaching, but for the people here that they may understand the truthfulness of the Gospel. Thank you for your prayers, as you are in mine as well! :)  I am glad that I have great family and friends like you and am SO excited to go into the field!  I leave on Aug 13th.  Oh and my next  p-day will be this Monday and will be on Mondays from now on. Remember how amazing each of you are!

Mahal ko lahat!

ELDER MURDOCK


No comments:

Post a Comment